Friday, July 15, 2011

Lucky ducks

I can't believe I spent so much time updating you all on, you know, the ovary and egg situation yesterday that I completely forgot the most important thing...I saw my lucky ducks again!  On Wednesday, I was driving into the hospital and they were crossing the road.  So, OF COURSE, I stopped traffic so I could 1) not smash them with my car and 2) take a picture.  The doctor behind me in a BMW really enjoyed it, I assure you.



The other Very Important Thing I forgot to mention was the present I got in the mail on Wednesday.  Remember Nate the Needle?  My dear friend, Vince (the artist himself) sent me a mug with Nate plastered on it.  It's a real conversation piece.   I'm sitting here drinking coffee in it right now.  I feel compelled to apologize for the lack of even reasonable quality pictures right now but I'm really too lazy to take pictures with anything but my camera.  Clearly, you aren't reading this blog for its amazing photo quality, so I suppose you are all okay with that.


And now back to our regularly scheduled IVF updates.

IVF Update #1: Nick gave me my first intramuscular shot of progesterone this morning at 5:45 am.  I had one at the hospital yesterday but I was on a Percoset high, so that hardly counts.  After about 20 minutes of debating where my 'haunches' (the location the nurse said the shot should go in) were, we did it.  Honestly, it wasn't that bad.  Or at least...it was as easy as getting a large shot in the butt can be.  We get to do this for at least three weeks and maybe more...woot!

IVF Update #2: I spoke with the clinic today and they were able to fertilize 16 of my eggs...of those 16, eight have definitely fertilized and they are watching five more that they think might still fertilize.  Grow, little embies grow!

IVF Update #3: Our transfer is scheduled for 11:15 am on Sunday...so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment