Sunday, July 17, 2011

And then there were two...

Embryos, that is...our 'lucky ducks' as we've taken to calling them.

This morning, as we were driving to the hospital I said to Nick that I wished that things hadn't gone so swimmingly up to this point...that whatever 'wrench' was going to be thrown our way would have already happened so we could feel confident that there wouldn't be any surprises on this all important day.  I believe in literature that's what you call foreshadowing.

So, the good news is...we had two embryos implanted and the transfer went textbook perfect.  One of the embryos was practically perfect (actually growing faster than expected) and the other was very, very good.  The other news...and the news we feared this whole last 4.5 months...was that, at this point, none of the other embryos are high enough quality to freeze.  They'll continue to watch them and there's still a chance that they could develop to the point where they could be frozen.  Rather than try to poorly explain the embryo quality/classification/freezing process, I'm just going to point you here if you're interested.  We won't know until Wednesday.

I have to say...this was a blow.  We knew it was a possibility but it was going to make it so much easier to stay positive if we knew we had other embryos as 'back ups'.  We've thought of nothing else for 4.5 months but this moment.   However, the embryos that were transferred were fantastic so we're going to concentrate all of our energy on making sure they stick!  I have another acupuncture appointment this afternoon and several scheduled over the next few weeks. 

In the spirit of optimism, would you like to see a photo of our lucky ducks...AKA baby's first photo?  Pretty incredible!

 And now, because there have been next to zero pictures of actual people on this blog as of late...Nick and I at the transfer today.  Doesn't Nick look handsome in his scrubs?  Hands off ladies, he's mine!





As were walking into the house, a delivery man from Edible Arrangements showed up with a package for me.  I know I've mentioned my 'support group' of six other women who are at various stages in the infertility/trying to get pregnant process....these lovely ladies sent me the most wonderful box of chocolate dipped fruit.  This is the kind of healthy eating I can get behind!  You'll notice I already devoured one.


In summary....4.5 months...2 embryos...hopefully one positive pregnancy test soon.  Again, our deepest thanks for your love, support, prayers and good thoughts.  If I could share my chocolate covered fruit with each of you...well, I probably wouldn't share.  But I love you all just the same. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment