Saturday, July 16, 2011

Looking the part...

Tomorrow is the big day and we couldn't be more excited...Nick and I were in the car today and I looked over at him and said "Hey...we're getting pregnant tomorrow!" as if it had just dawned on me.  There's so much going on emotionally and physically in this process that I almost sorta kinda forgot the whole reason we're doing it.

So, what have we been up to?  Well, although I won't technically (fingers crossed) be getting pregnant until tomorrow, I LOOK like I'm about five months along.  The post egg retrieval bloat hit and boy did it hit hard.  Nicole - thank you for telling me to bring lots of yoga pants with me because that is the only thing that is comfortable to wear right now.  Unfortunately, my normal mostly vegetarian diet of grains, legumes and veggies/fruits is not helping matters. Today, when I went to the acupuncturist, I told her I was afraid that if she stuck a needle in my stomach it would pop like a balloon.  She assured me that was not the case.

Speaking of acupuncturists, I can't believe my luck in finding my way to a great one here -Maureen Fox.  She's been so supportive and helpful, particularly as in addition to being a licensed acupuncturist, she is also an RN...so she's a nice balance of Western Medicine and Eastern Medicine.  In fact, when our schedule got bumped up and we learned that our transfer would be on Sunday, she got one of her colleagues to agree to come into the clinic to see me both in the morning and the afternoon of the procedure, Lori Chapman (Maureen was out of town).  St. Louisians - if you're interested in trying acupuncture, I'd definitely recommend both of these women.

I saw Lori today and, along with acupuncture, she used a moxa stick, which is the burning of herbs at specific acupuncture points.  More information here if you're interested.  She also put her hands on my stomach and felt the energy of my womb before and after the acupuncture.  I know...it sounds crazy.  I get it.  But, the most important thing Dr. Silber has told us throughout this process is to manage our stress levels...if nothing else, acupuncture is definitely relaxing and I feel so much better afterwards.

At any rate, she said that I had a very welcoming womb and that my energy was good...and that she could feel a good anticipation around me.  I asked if she ever felt an un-welcoming womb; she laughed and said that, yes, sometimes she could tell that something wasn't right.  So, there you have it...my womb is ready.  Seriously, there is part of my brain that I can practically feel screaming at me for buying into all of this stuff, but right now, I'm choosing not to listen. :)

Last night, Nick and I joined our friend and former roommate Jessica to see Harry Potter in 3D and Imax.  There was a huge line but luckily Jessica and two of her friends scored spots at the front, so our seats were perfect.  The movie was great and was one of the few times, I've felt that 3D was worth the cost.  I'm kinda sad the movies are over...Nick is not. :)

Today, we ventured to the most popular BBQ restaurant in St. Louis...Pappy's.  But a special guest post by Nick is coming on that soon, so I'll just leave you in suspense.  Our embryo transfer is scheduled for 10:15 am tomorrow...cross your fingers and toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment