Friday, July 8, 2011

Check, please!

Arrived in St. Louis safely yesterday (after driving 4.5 hours in the rain...there is nothing that makes a road trip go by slow like constant rain) and had a nice dinner with Nick's parents, Rose and Bill (along with about a three hour conversation about nutrition...Nick's probably glad I'm getting that out of my system before he gets to St. Louis).

Today, I had my first follicle check...basically to see how many follicles that could turn into eggs are in my ovaries.  As you might expect, I have superstar ovaries.  Or at least that's what they told me.  There are three measurable follicles on each ovary already...that probably doesn't mean anything to you, but trust me, this is good.  Gold star for me!

Interestingly, I could spot all of Dr. Silber's other patients.  We were all wearing knit dresses (easy to get in and out of) and carrying huge binders full of paperwork (I am pretty proud of my binder and it's neatly labeled folders).  We all kind of exchanged knowing glances while waiting.  Or at least I think we were.  It's possible they were trying to figure out why the woman in the purple dress kept nodding at them.

After the ultrasound, it was off to my nemesis...the lab.  Earlier this week when I had blood drawn, they missed my vein and I ended up with a nasty looking bruise.  The nurse today took one look at that arm and quietly said 'did WE do that to you'?  She looked relieved when I said no and proceeded to take a vial of blood from me in a blink of an eye.  Easy as pie.  I'll find out the results of the bloodwork later today.

For now, I'm off to the acupuncturist.  Thank you for all the good wishes, kind words, prayers and thoughts you've sent to Nick and I.  They are much appreciated! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment