Well, it took nearly a week longer than expected, but my follicles finally got to where they needed to be. We had plenty of growth over the last four days (we had an 18mm, 17mm, and some 16mms, 15mms and 14mms) so we are on for a retrieval on Sunday. My biggest concern was that I was going to be borderline and we'd be forced to make a decision. I know we would have been conservative and cancelled the cycle, but still - being forced to make that decision isn't easy. I was SO excited to see all the big follicles on the ultrasound; the doctor and I both knew immediately when he looked at the first ovary that things looked good. I was exactly where he had hoped I would be and he estimates that I'll end up with 15-20 eggs from the retrieval...much better than the 35 I had last time.
Although, even with as great as things looked, I did put on my best 'mean Sarah' face and quiz the doctor about whether he was absolutely 100% sure that we should go on with the cycle. The doctor seemed nonplussed and assured me that we were in good shape. Of course, I was doing this from the stirrups so perhaps my meanness didn't really come across as well as I intended.
I was so delighted I didn't even mind when a new nurse decided to try and take my blood. I sat there chattering happily until I noticed the needle was in my arm and nothing was coming out. Sarah's Pathetic Veins Strike Again! I told her to go get the 'good nurse' (I didn't call her that - I used her name)...this nurse has gotten me on the first try three times in a row and now I pretty much only want her to take the blood. As predicted, she got it on the first try and I went on my merry way. I still have to get the blood results back but there's no reason to think those will change the plans at this point.
Hooo---rrr----aaa---yyyy!!! (spell check just went crazy on this!)
No comments:
Post a Comment