I had another follicle check and bloodwork this morning. The news is...fair to middlin'. Of the 12-15 follicles I have on each ovary, only about 4-5 total (both ovaries) grew beyond 10mm. They ranged from 11mm-14mm. The doctor was hoping to see a lot of 15-16mm follicles. So, the new plan is potentially an increased dose of the stims (again...this will the third time we've increased) and my retrieval has been pushed back (again) to either Saturday or Sunday at the earliest. I will go back for another follicle check and bloodwork on Thursday. If the doctor sees good growth at that point, we will continue on with the cycle. If they are still not growing, we'll cancel the cycle. I am as okay as I can be with the idea of cancelling the cycle. On the one hand, it is such a psychological blow. It's just more waiting and being anxious. And it just takes so much mental, spiritual and physical energy. However, I also don't want to proceed with a cycle that isn't set up for success. So, if the cycle gets cancelled, we'll just have to pay for the meds and ultrasounds/bloodwork we've had to this point again. Which is annoying, but again - the important thing is that the cycle is successful, so we will put up with whatever we have to in order for it to happen.
I still am a little bewildered that where I have responded TOO MUCH in prior cycles, I'm now not responding enough. I feel like Goldilocks...I need to find the 'just right' dose of stims. Thanks for all the good thoughts! Here's hoping I start feeling really, really uncomfortable in the next couple of days...it will be a good sign. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment