Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 3 updates

Hopefully you subscribe to the 'no news is good news' philosophy since I skipped yesterday's update.  I had a crazy day at work and then got home and crashed.  We did get news yesterday that the nine embryos were all still continuing to grow.

This morning, we got more details about our nine, which is as follows:
-3 9-cell embryos
-5 8-cell embryos
-1 4-cell embryo (this is the only embryo not really in play anymore)

They want to see about four 8-cell embryos on this day so we are in good shape.  Last cycle on this same day, we had:
-10 8-cell embryos
-6 6-cell embryos
-2 4-cell embryos
-2 2-cell embryos

So last cycle, we had 10 out of 20 embryos in play, whereas this cycle we have 8 out of 9...I think that points to overall improved embryo quality. 

In other news...I saw another amazing rainbow today...like, probably the most amazing rainbow I've ever seen.  Each of our previous three cycles, we've looked for 'signs' - the paw print from Carl, the fortune cookies, a transfer on my birthday.  I promised myself that I WOULD NOT DO THAT THIS CYCLE.  But, I guess I am forever an optimist and I can't help but see these things as good luck.  :)

Finally, I have been reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson and oh, friends - my sides...they are splitting.   Lawson's book is a memoir of her childhood growing up in rural Texas with a less-than-traditional family including her taxidermist father (that's a father that is a taxidermist...not a father that has BEEN taxidermied...just to be clear).  I was reading parts of it aloud to Nick (against his will...but he was folding laundry and kind of a captive audience) and I could barely get through some of it, I was laughing so hard.   It's completely irreverent and managed to keep me from focusing on the stress of IVF for a few hours, so that certainly says something.

My transfer has been schedule for 7:30 am on Friday so send some good thoughts our way then.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment