Thursday, April 26, 2012

Acupuncture humor

Okay, just another quick post.  A bonus, if you will.

Today I had an acupuncture appointment.  Of course, Shamayne grilled me about how I was feeling and what symptoms (if any) I was having.  We had a long conversation about what her early pregnancy symptoms were (gas, in case you were wondering).  I told her about the transfer and that we had decided to transfer three embryos since the quality wasn't very good and our chance of triplets was incredibly low.  She said 'Well, how would you feel if you ended up with triplets?'  At the time, she happened to be checking my pulse and before I could even answer, she said 'Okay, your pulse just jumped so that answers that question.'

Then, she asked me if I was having any cramping and I told her I was.  She assured me this was a good sign and could just be my body getting ready for pregnancy.  She explained the different hormones that are released throughout pregnancy and at one point was talking about how pitocin makes you fall in love with your baby.  Except then she said 'Or babies....'.  To which I replied 'Shamayne, I come here to chill out.  Quit talking about triplets!'

After I had a good zone-out and was preparing to leave, I promised to update her when I knew something.  She squeezed my hand and said 'I'll be on pins and needles.'  I snickered and before I could even say 'you must get a lot of mileage out of that joke', she looked horrified and said 'I've never said that before.  Ever!  I can't believe I just said that.'  I thought it was hysterical and told her so.  I'm always glad to be the recipient of an excellent corny joke.  Just ask my Dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment