- Just wanted to take a moment to brag on Nicholas. He has been so amazing throughout this entire process but particularly during our most recent struggles. I've been offered daily foot massages (he's been doing Internet research on how to relieve headaches with foot massages!), lots of extra help around the house and just general pampering and kindness. He's also put up with a few irrational outbursts from me (i.e. yesterday when I was on the phone with him re: my car's check engine light being on which culminated in me screeching 'I just need it to be fixxxeeeeeedddddd!') without complaint or judgement.
- Although to be fair, I have spent the last year being poked and prodded so that we may have a child together. Daily foot massages seem about right.
- Someone asked me what else we did with the in-laws this past weekend, so briefly - Boulevard Brewery Tour (this is my favorite brewery tour EVER as their emphasis was on the sampling and not the touring), WWI museum, dinner at Jack Stack and drinks at Manifesto. If you are in KC and haven't gone to Manifesto, you must. It's a speakeasy in the basement of the Hotel Rieger restaurant and so much fun. You have to text a phone number to get reservations and then you can enter by being buzzed in through an alley door (although we cheated and walked through the restaurant). The drinks are truly amazing. I had a 'Winter in Buenos Aires' which was both tropical and reminiscent of fall.
- We also had this brunch lasagna on Easter Sunday. I know - brunch lasagna? I hadn't heard of it either but I was so intrigued that I just had to make it. Unfortunately, I hadn't read the directions very closely and nearly missed the part about it needing to be made the NIGHT BEFORE you plan to eat it. Luckily, my mother in law, Rose, and sister in law, Becky stepped in and helped me put it together...there were like a bazillion steps. And pretty much the only breakfast food not represented was bacon. Although I suppose you could add that if so inclined. :) At any rate, it was divine. I am still dreaming of it.
- Nick and I were so sad to see his family go, BUT we will be seeing them, as well as his younger brother and his wife, Dan and Lus, my mom and dad and my aunt and uncle ,in just about a month when we head to Memphis for the Memphis in May BBQ competition. More to come on that later...
- I looked up my estradiol/follicle levels from my first cycle and I was at Day 12 where I was at Day 5 at our cycle in St. Louis with Silber. You could take that as depressing, I suppose, but right after that Day 5 in St. Louis, my follicle growth sort of exploded so I'm hoping the same will happen again. My doctor is calling this past Friday my 'new' Day 1 since the first week didn't count. (not that I'm bitter or anything).
- On the agenda for tonight - forced relaxation! I am trying really, really hard not to fuss around the house and just be quiet and still and breathe and focus on being zen and blah blah blah. I read somewhere this weekend that stress is the enemy of follicle growth and so now, I'm going for the GOLD STAR OF RELAXATION. Pretty much the best goal ever.
A place for us to share news about IVF....and a place to post videos of cute animals.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Miscellany
Labels:
IVF: Part IV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment