Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What To Expect When You're Trying To Be Expecting...

You might be wondering...just what exactly is Sarah going to do for two weeks in St. Louis?  Or, you might be asking yourself...when is Sarah going to start posting pictures of cute animals as promised in this blog header?  Today's post should satisfy both questions.

Tuesday, July 5th - my first monitoring appointment (which consists of an ultrasound and bloodwork) and the beginning of 'stims' (stimulating injections, which is 3-4 shots a day until the 'trigger' shot)

Wednesday, July 6th - my last day of work for two weeks (:::deep breaths:::) and final acupuncture appointment in KC

Thursday, July 7th - drive to St. Louis to Nick's parents' house

Friday, July 8th - first monitoring appointment in St. Louis in the morning...ultrasound and bloodwork and Nick drives in

Saturday, July 9th and Sunday, July 10th - hopefully I won't be too uncomfortable and can enjoy the weekend with the family...Nick's brother, Tim and our sister in law Becky will also be in St. Louis and we have plans to see the Cards play. Nick will drive back to KC on Sunday.

Monday, July 11th - monitoring appointment in the AM...play in the afternoon

Tuesday, July 12th - acupuncture appointment in the AM, doctor's appointment in the PM

Wednesday, July 13th - monitoring appointment in the AM, life coach appointment..fun stuff in the afternoon

Thursday, July 14th - Nick arrives! Possibly by train! (Side note: One of my most memorable Christmases ever was one where I took the train from KC to STL and Nick picked me up at the Kirkwood train station...when I got off the train, he was singing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" in a very loud, sort of off-key tone...but it was cute.) Possible date of 'trigger' shot. Most likely a midnight screening of Harry Pottter. :)

Friday, July 15th - monitoring appointment in the AM...nervous fretting in the afternoon

Saturday, July 16th - egg retrieval!  I'll be under sedation so I'm supposed to take it east the rest of the weekend.

Sunday, July 17th and Monday, July 18th - worry, rest, worry, rest, embryo creation magic and so on.

Tuesday, July 19th - embryo transfer!  Rest

Wednesday, July 20th -drive back to KC

Thursday, July 21st - back to work, worry and wait, worry and wait

The fun part is...from the 13th on...the schedule could vary by about 1-2 days depending on how I respond to the drugs (remember...superstar of IVF treatments, right?!)...I'm pretty sure I have amazing ovaries and they are likely over-achievers just like me, so hopefully I 'go early'.  I'll probably give them a pep talk in advance, maybe something like this....


And, now a random adorable animal video. (Warning: Unless you have no soul, you will cry.)


So, if you all want to pray/think good thoughts/send positive energy/wish on a star/insert your preferred spiritual activity here particularly around July 15-20, it would be much appreciated.  XO, Sarah

P.S.  Sorry this was kind of a lame post.  I promise to be more cheerful and entertaining next time.  Trying to get all the projects I'm working on at work wrapped up before I leave is killing me.

P.P.S.  I do have some plans for an upcoming post highlighting Nick's Fat Cat Blues vocal stylings, but first I have to try and catch him singing and then record it.  So, get excited for that, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment