Friday, June 3, 2011

The One Where Sarah Gets Stuck

Since we're doing our IVF cycle out of town, the doctor suggested I contacted my normal OB/GYN for lessons on injections.  So, yesterday, I called my local doc to set up the appointment, thinking that I wouldn't be able to get in for a couple of weeks and as such, could put off this not-so-fun task for a bit longer.

No such luck.  The very cheery receptionist informed me that, as luck would have it, there was, in fact, an opening tomorrow morning at 8am!  Isn't that lucky?!  So, so, lucky.  I think she was waiting for me to thank her profusely for managing to squeeze me in (I mean, seriously...every time I have to make an appointment with these people, it's always, okay how does October of 2023 look for you?!), but I just sort of grumbled and said okay, fine.

Luckily, my worrying was all for naught, as it ended up being pretty easy.  The nurse practitioner showed me how to do it and then had me practice on myself.  I'm pretty sure I was squeezing up my eyes and making a horrible face and I stuck the needle in (expecting shooting pain) but I barely felt it and just said "Oh! That was easy!".

She did say that it will be important to rotate the shots on different parts of my stomach and legs because I'll get sore, but other than that, not too bad!  Although, there is still (cue the scary music) the intramuscular shot that Nick will have to give me once we do the embryo transfer.  She showed me the needle and I almost passed out.  It's a big one.

Next up...placing the order for all our medications!

No comments:

Post a Comment