Now that the week o'happy has come to a close and my injections are imminent, I'm switching gears and focusing (even more so than normal) on eating healthy.
To start, I'm drinking kombucha tea...it's pronounced kom-BOO-cha. It's basically fermented green tea which, yeah, I know...it sounds gross. But you can buy it flavored with fruit purees...it's an acquired taste, but I've grown to like it. It's great for digestion, metabolism and is super high in folic acid and Vitamin B.
I've also been trying my hand at juicing as I just inherited a juicer from my dear mother in law. My problem with the food pyramid (or whatever it is now) is that I don't think I am hungry enough in a day to physically eat the amount of fruits and vegetables you're supposed to. Juicing seems like a good alternative. Today, I made some mango-carrot juice which was wonderful...the pulp would be great in muffins.
Although, today is Father's Day...and Nick is making ribs so I might have to just sample one. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment