Saturday, June 25, 2011

Symptoms include...

One of my biggest fears throughout this process is the side effects from from the fertility drugs.  I've talked to quite a few people about their experiences and they vary wildly from practically none to 'oh my god'.  It doesn't help that all the literature that comes with the drugs lists out millions of horrifying effects.  Here's a (tongue in cheek) sample.

  • Headaches
  • Hot flashes
  • Mood swings
  • Unfounded feelings that people are intentionally trying to irritate you
  • Uncontrollable urges to smack irritating people (they're asking for it!)
  • Inability to stop reading blogs about pregnancy and infertility
  • Inability to stop crying while reading blogs about pregnancy and fertility
  • Crying whilst watching the last scene of Parenthood (so many babies!)
  • Fire coming out of your mouth
  • Ovaries exploding
  • Spousal murder
  • QUADRUPLETS!
Fortunately, to this point, I think I'm only experiencing mild irritation and hot flashes.  However, I've already affectionately named the beast lurking within me that is (apparently) going to come out as the medications increase.  Hurricane Helga and Her Hormones of Doom.  Please be on the lookout for her and avoid her at all costs.  Also, Nick, if you're reading- you may want to keep some Ben and Jerry's on hand just in case.  I understand that is the only antidote to her torrent of fertility med induced rants.  I'm just looking out for your safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment