Last weekend, I had a conversation with some of Nick’s family about how holidays like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day always seem to sneak up (to which, my father-in-law replied that he considered Father’s Day to rank as high in importance as Christmas, so he wasn’t quite sure why the rest of us had a hard time remembering it!). At any rate, we celebrated Father’s Day with my family this year and gave my dad the most precious gift of all…meat. Nick BBQed ribs (using the Slabs a Smokin championship recipe) for the family and as always, they were a hit. Even my mostly vegetarian brother gave them the thumbs up. Happy Father's Day, Dad...love you! We also got to see my two grandmothers - one who is 93 years old and the other, 103 years old. (:::runs off to up my retirement contributions:::).
And while Nick isn’t technically a father yet, I cheated a little and bought him his first Father’s Day gift…and not just any gift…the CLASSIC Father’s Day gift – a new tie. There would have been a photo of him modeling the new tie, but SOMEONE dropped my camera and broke it. Luckily, SOMEONE also got up at 6am to make my family ribs so I can't be too mad, plus SOMEONE is going to try and fix it.
At any rate, hopefully it’s not jinxing things, but Nick has proved what a great dad he’s going to be throughout this process…he’s so passionate about starting a family and has been my rock. I couldn’t ask for a better partner. And now, I present to you, the Top 5 reasons why Nick will be an awesome dad.
5. He’s a great storyteller and comes up with the most unique ways of describing things…I imagine bedtime stories are going to be quite popular around our house with Nick at the helm. He also has hidden songwriting and singing talents. :)
4. This is probably more relevant if we have boys…how to put this delicately? Uh…there is quite possibly nothing funnier to Nick in the world then farting. I’m sorry, but it’s true. I also understand that butt jokes are quite popular with the under 5 set, so I think we've got that covered, too.
3. He is incredibly patient when showing someone how to do something new. I swear, I think he was a teacher in a past life. If I ever forget how to tie my shoes, he’d be the first person I ask to show me.
2. He is fiercely loyal…you don’t want Papa Bear coming after you.
1. (Warning: extreme lovey-dovey gooeyness ahead!) He is the most loving, caring human being on the planet and I know without a doubt, that he will devote himself completely to his family and that there will never be a time when our (future) children doubt their father loves them. (you can feel free to gag now).
No comments:
Post a Comment