However, that leaves a LOT of time on my hands. And I was briefly at a loss with what to do with it. But it didn't take long for me to find new (mostly healthy) things to obsess over. In no particular order...
- Crafting...I've been 'pinning' crafts and DIY projects for months but have yet to actually make one. I tend to use Pinterest mostly for recipes (in fact our menus for the last several weeks have been almost entirely Pinterest derived). So, to start I finally finished up the yarn and felt wreath I've been working on. I've got several more in the works, but after a marathon of crafting yesterday (and some uncomfortable glue gun burns), I might have to take a break. Already. Yeah, I know.
- Decorating for Christmas...our house could use a little cheer, so I decided to break my own No Christmas Trees Before Thanksgiving rule. I also figured I would need to leave the undecorated trees up for a few days while I 'train' Ernie the new cat not to climb the tree. This involves an elaborate ritual of me spraying the tree with a solution that is SUPPOSED to be distasteful to cats but in fact, seems to only intruige them more. Then, as soon as I think we're in the clear and sit down, Ernie is, in a flash, trying to climb the tree. So, I break out the spray bottle of water, which is apparently the MOST FUN toy ever to Ernie. (I thought cats hated water in the face?) Repeat ad nauseum.
- Giving up Sugar! I've been thinking about this for some time...I have PCOS which is a condition that makes me insulin resistant...when my hormones aren't regulated (i.e. I'm off the pill), I gain weight. So, over the past two years, I've, for the most part, cut out the bad sugars (soda, pastries, white flour, etc) (well, except for the occasional splurge...I am human, after all). After doing a lot of research and reading, I want to try and cut out the good sugars (fruit, honey, etc), too. It might seem crazy to do this over the holidays, but I'm up for the challenge. (Luckily, I found out that wine is still okay in moderation...so I'll just spend the entire holidays drunk!)
No comments:
Post a Comment