I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that, despite evidence to the contrary (blog posts, emails, and texts referencing the fact that I'm dying)...I am in fact, alive and well! Well, as well as can be expected. I showered and everything, you guys! And today...I was able to button my pants. This was a feat not possible in the last few days. Not being able to button your pants really limits your ability to be a functioning adult. That and feeling like you're dying.
Other than recovering from near death and returning to work, not much to update on. And it's probably going to be that way for awhile. If you thought the waiting to find out about our freeze-able embryos was bad, hold on, sisters and brothers, because it's about to get a whole lot worse up in this IVF joint. Before we will be declared 'officially' pregnant, we have weeks of bloodwork and waiting and ultrasounds to go. I suggest you pick up a crafty hobby in the meantime...I would really like a new scarf and some mittens for Christmas, so feel free to choose knitting.
In the meantime, we'll be over here waiting not-so-patiently. Nick has established a daily ritual of rubbing my belly and praying, which frankly makes me feel a little bit like Buddha, but I suppose there are worse things in life. I am obsessively Christmas shopping and taking lots of naps with Ernie, The Multi-Toed Wonder Cat. His favorite place to sleep is curled up parallel to me with both of our heads on the pillow. It's so cute you would throw up if you saw it. And now I'm going to force you to see it.

No comments:
Post a Comment