I know - almost a week and no update. But, as it turns out, fretting about whether or not you're pregnant is quite tiring and stressful. Who knew?
This cycle has been far more dramatic than the first - lots of ups and downs. Yesterday, we were having a very up day. Today - it is very, very down. But, as many good friends have counseled me today - we should never give up faith. We have a bloodwork test later this week and will know more then. Until then, we could really use any spare good thoughts and prayers you have (after you are done praying and thinking about more worthy topics).
Trying to get pregnant and going through IVF is without a doubt the most stressful event of Nick and I's life. However, since the season of gratitude is upon us, it has provided me some perspective. I know I am certainly grateful for an amazing partner in Nick; I couldn't have gone through this process without him (ha! both literally and figuratively). I'm amazed at how we continue to get stronger rather than be pulled apart by all the heartache.
Along this vein, Nick and I were talking about the many ways you can have a family today and he reminded me of the first 5 minutes of Up. If you haven't seen it, you've either been under a rock or don't have kids (made by Pixar). While I loved the movie, the first 5 minutes nearly killed me and through (sob, sob) tears, I declared to Nick 'this is the worst movie EVERRRR!'
The gist of it is that a boy and girl, meet and fall in love. They find out they cannot have children and are devastated. However, (as I recall) they spend the rest of their years together having wonderful adventures and generally living a good life. And then the wife dies. (Cue tears from Sarah) (Bear in mind, this is only the first 5 minutes of the movie.) And it is SAD. But then the (by this time curmudgeonly) guy has a young boy thrust into his life and they hate each other, but then they love each other and become best friends and they all live happily ever after. The End.
Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah - the point Nick was trying to make by reminding me of the movie was that we will have a family one way or another. So, in sum - IVF=drama, Up=tears but good life lesson, Nick=awesome, Sarah=still holding out hope.
Thanks for all the love, thoughts and prayers; it means the world to us.
P.S. In WTF news...WTF, Mississippi?
No comments:
Post a Comment