Anybody remember Schoolhouse Rock? This one is apropos today.
I feel slightly less like dying today, so that's good. The upside to feeling like your stomach is going to explode at any moment is that it makes it difficult to stress out when the embryologist waits until 2:00 in the afternoon to call you with the report on freeze-able embryos, or as Nick calls them 'chilly willies'. However, Nick was not so lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) so I was getting near hourly texts from him.
Finally, we got the call that we have three blastocysts to freeze. All along, I'd been hoping for 4-6 total embryos so five is nice and in the middle. It's still a little disappointing given how many eggs we had fertilize, but we'll take it. It's 2.5 times better than our first cycle at least. And they're all good quality, so hopefully that bodes well for future frozen transfers.
Back to work for me tomorrow! I've finally experienced that feeling of 'whatever is going on at work...they can deal with it without me' which I suppose is either a factor of how much we want this cycle to work or how terrible I feel. :)
And now, in the immortal words of Schoolhouse Rock...
A man and a woman had a little baby...
Yes they did...they had threeeee in the family and that's a magic number.
No comments:
Post a Comment