Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We're not paying for personality....

I know, I know.  I totes abandoned you for a few weeks.  Truth be told...an entire summer worth of solely focusing on getting pregnant sort of leaves a path of unfinished projects in its wake (see: our yard, our closet, my desk at work, my nails, etc, etc.)

So, I've been trying to you know, regain, some sort of adult life and routine again.  And frankly, it was nice to have a few weeks break from thinking about IVF constantly.  I actually wrote several posts during this time but then got too lazy to hit publish...so more to come soon.

But, a quick update!  We had our appointment with our third fertility doctor of the year yesterday and as I mentioned on Facebook...hopefully the third time's the charm.  The title of this post is a quote from yours truly to a friend who asked me how the visit went.  Answer: good!  Our first doctor scared us.  The second doctor both impressed and scared us.  This one...asked us on four separate occasions if we had any other questions.  Tell me...have you ever known a doctor to do that?  The rest of the quote would be (We're not paying for personality), BUT...it sure doesn't hurt.  All this to say that we like and trust the new doctor (who has also treated one of our good friends) and are moving forward with our next cycle like...soon. 

We had two tests that this doctor had to pass: 1) he couldn't ask for any additional testing (we've already spent more than $5,000 on JUST tests) unless it was absolutely necessary and 2) we wanted to hear a conservative recommendation from him on the dosages of stimulation medication I would be given this next round.  He passed both tests!

The retrieval will be the first week of October and so, the meds will start up mid to late September.  And so it begins again.

I'll be honest...I'm thrilled to be moving forward but also totally overwhelmed.  It is a lot of work - forms, figuring out schedules, appointments, etc on top of you know, LIFE.  And my job. And my family. And Nick.  And my friends.  And my cats.  And our turtles (did you know we have pet turtles?  We do!)  And I'm feeling pretty low on energy.  Three straight days in a row I've had to get up from my desk at work and had to take a walk around the block to prevent myself from crawling under the desk and hiding.  I need a vacation, but that won't be happening anytime soon.  So, I'm going to start back up with acupuncture and maybe throw in a massage and a pedicure or two...Or twenty-seven. 

I know Nick and I are incredibly blessed so I'll try not to be so whiny next time.

In sum...third doctor - good.  IVF The Sequel - October.  Sarah - tired.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You have turtles!?

    Just wanted to comment randomly, because I do read every hysterical and thought provoking word of yours.

    I hope IVF The Sequel is like The Godfather The Sequel. You know, blows the original out of the water.
    * I have never seen either of those movies, I'm just going on what I've heard.

    Elisa

    ReplyDelete