I’ve been thinking a lot about gratitude lately. I have so much to be grateful for – husband, family and friends too great to even describe, a career that I love, a roof over my head and the chance that Nick and I will soon have a family together.
During my, ahem, minor breakdown last week, I tried to remember to be grateful for all of these things, but there’s something about being grateful about things that are so big and broad that doesn’t always hit home for me. So…I’m starting a new blog feature, Thankful Thursday, which is really more for me than you, but dems de breaks.
If you know me at all, you know that I’m obsessed with Oprah and she has often said that having a gratitude journal is a great way to remember all that is good about your life. So, this is my attempt. I would have liked to have titled this feature using the word gratitude but I also have a love of alliteration - so Thankful Thursday it is. It will also force me to post at least once a week. I know...YOU'RE WELCOME!
The rules are: 1) I have to write about at least three things I am grateful for that week, 2) I have to be as specific as possible and 3 )I can break the rules if I want.
So, here’s my first try. I’m grateful this week for…
1.) Pinterest…I love pretty things. I love making lists. Pinterest combines my two great loves into one handy addiction. I actually find myself getting up earlier in the morning to spend my mornings perusing the latest pins while drinking my half-caff latte, imagining all of the craft projects I'm likely never going to do, home improvement projects I could never afford and outfits that I could never pull off. Actually, it sounds sort of depressing when I type it all out, but I promise...I'm thankful for it.
2.) My cats...you guys, I am a total crazy cat lady. I probably have more pictures of my cats then I do family or friends. The crazy thing is...I swear they know when I'm upset. They virtually never left my side during the Week O' Crazy Meds. Here's a couple of pictures of my adorable feline babies.
| OMG! Kitty Snugglez! |
| Zoe is scared of thunder so she retreats to the bathroom whenever there's a thunderstorm. Yes, that is a Jimmy Johns wrapper in the trash. Don't ask. |
| Ignore the pile of linens that need to be put away in the background, but Carl likes to burrow into anything soft and cozy. And I like to take 17 pictures of him doing that. |
3.) Finally, I'm thankful for...gratitude. I was driving by this house near our neighborhood the other day. It's a gorgeous house - set up on a hill with tons of acres and a pond and horses and it's just....gorgeous. I've driven by the house so many times and thought "What I wouldn't give to have that house..." On this particular day, however, I drove by and thought "That's a pretty house...but I have almost everything I need and I know the final piece (babies in case you haven't been paying attention AT ALL) is around the corner. It was such a strange and surreal feeling to be happy with everything I have and completely focused on starting a family. It was actually that feeling that spurred me to start making a lists of what I'm grateful for in a more intentional way.
Okay, your turn! Write down or think about three very specific things you're grateful for at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment