Hi, people...just a quick update. I spoke with the embryologist this morning and of the 34 eggs they attempted to fertilize, only 12 actually did so. During our last cycle, we had 16 eggs to fertilize, 8 fertilized and only 2 made it to transfer.
We're pretty nervous at this point (understatement of the year!)...we'd like to have at least 4-6 good quality embryos so that we can both transfer some this cycle and have some for subsequent frozen cycles. We were really hoping that since there were 34 eggs fertilized, we would have a lot more that actually did so.
On top of that, I am in a lot of pain still. So much so, that I called the clinic to make sure I wasn't experiencing OHSS. At this point, they think I'm just taking longer than normal to recover from the procedure and it hasn't turned into something more serious. As Nick can attest, all of this is making me fairly grumpy.
Bright spots...a co-worker brought me a pumpkin spice cupcake today, which so far is the only thing I've eaten...and another co-worker brought me the bell I referenced wanting yesterday. I can't wait to ring it at Nick. Don't worry...I won't overdo it. I'm a benevolent dictator.
I think this is the point at which it would be much easier if I wasn't at work. Although, in fairness, if I were at home, I would have far more time to worry, so maybe it's better this way.
Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers...they are much appreciated! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment