Friday, October 28, 2011

Another day, another eight embryos...

I was going to make you all wait for the big update today with a big long lead-in to the news, but I'm far too excited to be that mean.  So...by some miracle, not only do we still have the 12 original embryos continuing to develop, but an additional 8 decided to start growing for a grand total of TWENTY.

TWENTY!!!!!!!!

TWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTYYYYYYY!!!!!

Now, in all fairness, those 8 probably won't be the best quality, but the fact that that many decided to start growing on top of the fact that the original 12 are still kicking it in the petri dish (I don't actually know if they are in a petri dish, but whatever)....that is good news.

And it means that Nick and I can relax for one more day.  I was sick with anxiety this morning; I really thought I was going to have to pull my car off the road.  Then, the phone rang and the area code was the same as the clinic, so I thought it was the update call.  When I heard a man's voice, my heart sank because I thought it was our doctor calling to tell us that all of the embryos arrested. 

But...no, it was just Nick, calling to see if I had heard anything yet.  No, I haven't heard anything yet!  And P.S. thanks for scaring me nearly to death.

So, when I got the actual call and the embryologist gave me the news, I burst into tears which I think scared the poor embryologist a bit.  I explained to her that we only ended up with two embryos our first cycle and she assured me that so far, everything looks really good. 

Then I called Nick to report the good news.  As soon as he answered the phone, I yelled 'it's good news!' which probably startled him a smidge but I wanted to be clear this was not That Kind of Call. 

Embryo transfer is scheduled for 8:30 am on Monday!

Continued thanks for your support, thoughts, and prayers.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment