Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!

Apologies for the unintended blogging hiatus, but my mad crafting/Pinteresting/holiday partying got the best of me...there was almost too much to blog about it...which made my head hurt...which made me throw up my hands and say to hell with it.

So, a couple of quick updates...

  • We're continuing our IVF break to late spring...it's frankly, been a really welcome change of pace.  
  • I completed the 8 weeks sugar free (although admittedly, with a couple of cheat days)...I honestly think that's what has contributed the surge of energy I've had lately.  I'm back at the morning breakfast shakes but with just 1/2 cup of berries and no banana.  I'm so happy to have these back in my routine again!  They aren't quite as good without as much fruit (although, maybe 'good' isn't the right word anyway...tolerable, perhaps?) but I'm so happy to be drinking them again, I almost don't mind.  The other tweak I made was no kefir or milk.  I use a splash of half and half or almond milk and that's it.
  • I made biscuits and cinnamon rolls from scratch on Christmas Day!  And they were delicious.  And now I'm sorry that I know how to make them. :(
  • We had a super laid-back New Year's Eve...which coincidentally, is my least favorite holiday.  Until all of our friends decide that going out and partying it up big is no longer an option, Nick and I will be boycotting the holiday by staying home and cooking for ourselves.  This year, we made a pesto stuffed pork loin, garlic and Parmesan mashed potatoes and spinach salad.  Much better than anything we would have had at a restaurant.  AND I got to stay in my PJs.  Bonus.
  • If December was the month of crafting, January is the month of organizing.  Being inside during the winter makes me a little crazy, so I might as well put that craziness to good use.  Lots of projects in the works.
  • Finally getting around to painting the bookshelves Nick and I built last summer...we're going to use them as nightstands, I think.  Were I smarter, I would have picked the day that it was 67 degrees this weekend to paint.  Instead, I huddled in the garage with a space heater and a lot of layers.
  • Planning some trips for the year - so far, just a couple are planned
    • Boston in the spring to see Nick's best friend, who is completing an internship as an orthopedic surgeon in sports medicine (working with the Celtics)
    • Memphis in May for....Memphis in May to see the Slabs a Smokin' (Nick's brother's team) team compete...
    • Colorado some time this summer when it's crazy hot in KC
    • Maybe a few other weekend trips
Here's hoping that 2012 is the year we finally get pregnant!  

No comments:

Post a Comment