Thursday, September 22, 2011

New and Improved...IVF the Sequel

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have a new IVF calendar.  Since I know you all like to know EXACTLY what is going on with my ovaries on a day to day basis, here's the calendar.  Follow along at home, kids.

October 5 - Start Lupron 10 units (ovulation suppression) daily injection
October 8 - End Desogen, continue one baby aspirin daily
October 12 - Baseline ultrasound
October 14 - Start 'stims' - Follistim 175 units each day, Decrease Lupron to 3 units
October 18 - Continue stims, Ultrasound/labs
October 21 - Continue stims, Ultrasound/labs
October 23 - Continue stims, Ultrasound/labs
October 25 or 26 - Egg Retrieval
October 30 or 31 - Embryo Transfer (we're doing a 5 day embryo transfer this cycle instead of a 3 day transfer...the number of days refers to how 'old' the embryos are/how much they're developed)
November 1 - on - pray, worry, repeat

In other exciting IVF news, our medicines have been purchased and all paperwork has been completed, so we're officially ready.  Well, as ready as one can be.

I've already done some super mathematical calculations (i.e. I googled it) and if I get pregnant with one baby, I'll be due mid-July.  If I get pregnant with twins, in all likelihood, I'd deliver some time in June.  Yay for being pregnant in the summer!  As if I don't hate being hot enough.  Sounds like a good excuse to spend a lot of time at the pool to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment